VirtualOT

My photo
Australia
I am an Australian occupational therapist, educator and researcher. I have worked as an OT in mental health, vocational rehabilitation and a private surgical hospital. I am passionate using online technology to enhance the knowledge and growth of the occupational therapy profession. In my PhD research I am looking at the role of online technologies in information management and knowledge transfer in occupational therapy. Views expressed and stories shared on this blog are my opinion and do not represent views of my employer or professional registration body.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

New Internet Intervention Gives Insomnia Patients a Better Night's Sleep

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va., July 6, 2009 – The estimated one-third of adults who suffer from insomnia could soon find effective treatment without ever leaving their homes. Researchers at the University of Virginia Health System have developed a unique Internet-based intervention, based on well-established face-to-face cognitive behavioral therapy techniques, that has shown remarkable results in improving patients’ sleep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anita Hamilton said...

Hi "Marvel" I agree that any person who is experiencing insomnia should discuss this with their doctor to consider all treatment options. Medication is one approach among many. This blog is about technology and occupational therapy, not a place to advertise drugs. I'm not sure who you are as your profile is not available, so I am removing your comment. Feel free to re-comment if you also add a direct link to your profile so that any people reading this blog can also verify who you are.
Thanks, Anita.

My slideshare uploads