VirtualOT

My photo
Australia
I am an Australian occupational therapist, educator and researcher. I have worked as an OT in mental health, vocational rehabilitation and a private surgical hospital. I am passionate using online technology to enhance the knowledge and growth of the occupational therapy profession. In my PhD research I am looking at the role of online technologies in information management and knowledge transfer in occupational therapy. Views expressed and stories shared on this blog are my opinion and do not represent views of my employer or professional registration body.

Thursday, December 6, 2007

del.icio.us

Am I slow? I've discovered del.icio.us today which is a social bookmarking tool. This tool enables people to bookmark websites in the same way you would on your own computer but it is stored on the web, meaning that it can be used when you away from your own computer and it can be shared with others. Yep, more networking!

How does it work?
Sign up to del.icio.us so that you can use this tool. After you join up you can bookmark your favourite sites. When you find a new website that you want to access again in the future tag it in del.icio.us with key words that describe it's content. Your del.icio.us tags can be shared with others who are looking for similar sites or topics. Here's an instructional video.

The best thing is, if you are involved in a group who are interested in the same topic area you can share the load by sharing your bookmarks!

2 comments:

Merrolee said...

Del.icio.us.. it sure is the best think since sliced break Anita.. I totally agree! Look forward to seeing more entries on your blog as well!

Anita Hamilton said...

Thanks Merrolee, I enjoyed learning from your bookmarked items... I found out that you have a vast range of interests!

My slideshare uploads