VirtualOT

My photo
Australia
I am an Australian occupational therapist, educator and researcher. I have worked as an OT in mental health, vocational rehabilitation and a private surgical hospital. I am passionate using online technology to enhance the knowledge and growth of the occupational therapy profession. In my PhD research I am looking at the role of online technologies in information management and knowledge transfer in occupational therapy. Views expressed and stories shared on this blog are my opinion and do not represent views of my employer or professional registration body.

Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Networked Student

I followed a link from a blog called Wishful Thinking in Medical Education (a great blog!) to this YouTube clip featured on a blog called TechTicker. An excellent discussion follows below the YouTube clip and Mike Bogle discusses his post further in a video clip of his own! How Cool!

2 comments:

Anne Marie Cunningham said...

Hello Anita!
Gosh, thank you for the compliment on my blog:)
It's amazing how we are all connecting.

Anita Hamilton said...

Great to hear from you Anne Marie, I have a question... do you see the possibilities using Web 2.0 and find that the Health Care system is just not willing to incorporate this type of activity into day to day practice? I am preparing OT students to be tech-savvy, only to find that their employers won't even let them go on the Internet!

My slideshare uploads